About Inc Design Store
A concept store that began inside a house: to showcase the things we love; supporting the creatives we know, in the very space that we use them ourselves.
Helen Riley-Duddin is a creative director, curator and independent designer, with her own creative brand Tinch Design Studio since 2009. A career of collaborating, supporting, mentoring, educating, promoting, curating and showcasing emerging NZ designers and creatives has evolved naturally into this concept store.
Helen works closely with the designers to curate special collections for the store, many of which are exclusive. Everything at Inc is NZ designed and made, and every piece has a story.
When you visit Inc Store, our aim is for it to be a special experience. To share the stories behind the objects, to help you connect with something here, for all the right reasons. Allow plenty of time, there's a lot to see, and talk about, and visitors often remark they need to do several rounds of the store to take it all in! We love to chat, to get to know you, and to serve you well is all part of the concept.
There are new deliveries almost daily, and the curated items are highly covetable so every time you visit there's always something new to see.
Even the space itself is an important part of the Inc Store experience. There's many stories about this space, which, we feel, is the perfect vessel for showcasing the items in the store.... Ask to hear a story about it, I'll tell you a story!
INC stands for:
- inclusive, incorporates works from other creatives
- incubates new ideas, collaborations
- increases awareness and sales for independent designers
- incoming rotation of new works regularly
- suggestive of 'think' and 'ink'; fundamental elements of design
- inspiration is what Inc is all about, can we spell that with a c? Incspiration - this is totally a valid word...
- the middle 3 letters of Tinch! An evolution of Tinch Design Studio, Inc Store is literally and figuratively the at the core of an independent NZ designer's dream.